Why do men and women argue over the toilet? Not over who should use it first after coming home when more than one person has a need to use it, but the long-lived debate of whether to leave the seat up or down.
You’ve come to the right place, for I am going to put an end to the arguing and give you the solution that is fair, and aesthetically pleasing to all.
Each time you visit the bathroom, restroom, water closet, or whatever term you call the room with the toilet, the seat and lid should be down.
- MEN: You will bend over and lift only the lid, if you will be doing #2, or the lid and seat, if you will just be doing #1.
- WOMEN: You will bend over and lift the lid.
Use the facility as required.
When finished return the toilet to the proper finish position — seat and lid down.
- It is so much better looking to see a toilet with the lid down than if it is up.
- This requires men and women to do pretty much equal duty.
- Keeping lid down, contains germs while flushing
- Reduces the chances of other items in the room — like your toothbrush — becoming contaminated by germs
- Arguing over the toilet seat will never be a reason to end a marriage or relationship
- None. I can’t think of any.